Let’s go to get know about best paleo diet guidelines for beginners. Newly, some diets are more general than others.
Keto, paleo, and dash are one of the most well-liked diets these days.
We’ve already written about keto and dash, so now let’s meeting point on the paleo diet.
Here you can read complete paleo diet guidelines.
So, what is a paleo diet?
Paleo diet is frequently called a caveman diet.
So, maybe now you have a hint what’s the basis of this diet.
Paleo diet is, in fact, returning to the diet people used to have many years ago.
Thousands and thousands of years ago to be clear.
A Paleo-friendly diet puts the focus on eating real, natural, whole foods that have gone through little or no processing to get on your plate. Simply put: You eat plants and animals. We’re talking meats, fish, eggs, greens, veggies, fruits, and nuts.
Sounds easy, right? Maybe for cavemen it was… because they weren’t tempted by the thousands of packaged foods we have access to. If they couldn’t hunt it or gather it, they didn’t eat it. Today the only hunting we’re doing is for good deals on food we can gather into our grocery carts. In the cart goes bread, cheese, yogurt, rice, candy bars, milk, chips, cereal, etc.
Paleo experts took note of our modern-day behavior and thought, if obesity and disease rates are rising as quickly as processed foods are flying off shelves, maybe we should go back to our roots and eat like our early ancestors did?
A Modern-Day Caveman
Before you grab a spear to go after tonight’s dinner, simmer down. It’s 2017, and grocery stores and farmer’s markets are there to do the work for you. How convenient! (Well, finding parking is a b*tch, but we guess it’s better than fighting a buffalo.)
So your Paleo life can look something like this: Wake up in the morning to scrambled eggs with spinach, chicken sausage, and avocado, and a cup of coffee (yes, coffee is Paleo!) with a splash of almond milk. For lunch it’s all about the spaghetti squash and slow cooker Bolognese you made overnight. And oh, you can’t wait to dig your hands into shrimp stir-fry with cauliflower rice tonight. For dessert, it’s a few pieces of dark chocolate. Sounds good? That’s Paleo for ya. And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of the seriously good food that’s permitted on the plan.
What You Can Eat
- Chicken. Probably already a staple in your diet.
- Fish. BRB. Gone fishing to the fish market.
- Red meat. So many meatballs.
- Pork. Slow cooker Paleo pulled pork FTW.
- Eggs. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Vegetables. As if you thought you couldn’t eat these.
- Fruits. The less sugary ones (berries) are best.
- Nuts. Peanuts aren’t allowed, but go nuts on almonds.
- Natural oils. ‘Cause ya gotta sauté the veg in something.
- Healthy fats. Because avocados.
- Natural sweeteners. Honey and maple syrup? YAS.
Paleo diet benefits:
- It can assist you to lose weight
- You can make muscles and be in the best shape ever
- You can stop the development of many chronic diseases (diabetes, cancer, heart and autoimmune diseases).
- Paleo Diet Foods List
- Legumes– beans, peas.
- Processed meat– salami, hot dogs, cold meat
- Bread, pasta
- Dairy products
- Processed foods– ketchup, mayonnaise, French fries, fast food, unhealthy foods.
- All types of flour
Now please share this post and pin it your Pinterest accounts.